The rain seemed to follow us everywhere we’ve been during this trip. Not too surprised that we arrived in Buenos Aires and it was raining hard! We lodged in Loft Argentino Apart Hotel for our last 2 nights of our trip in Patagonia.
It was Christmas day so the streets were largely deserted and most shops and restaurants were closed.
I think the only people on the streets would have been a few tourists like us.
We spent most of our time in the room that day and went out twice when the rain was slightly lighter.
The next day though the city seemed to light up again, many more people and a lot more traffic. It was a shame that we were due to leave and so really was never able to experience Buenos Aires in its full glory.
List of pervious posts for Patagonia trips on Chile side:
- Half day tour to Valle Nevado, a ski resort in Santiago
- Pucón hot spring tour known as Tour por la zona
- One day trip to Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Waterfall
- Say hello to the penguins in Punta Arenas
- Full day tour to Torres del Paine from Puerto Natales
- Half Day Horseback Riding to Cerro Doterra, Puerto Natales
List of pervious posts for Patagonia trips on Argentina side:
- The bus journey from Puerto Natales to El Calafate, say hello to Argentina
- An adventurous event, Perito Moreno Glacier Tour with Mini trekking
- El Chaltén, a popular hiking spot in Patagonia
- The painful 28km hike to the base of Cerro Fitz Roy, visiting Laguna de Los Tres
- Adventurous excursion, off-road through Tierra del Fuego National Park
- The End of the World Train into Tierra del Fuego National Park